Saturday, January 06, 2007

Darlington County (KUDG)

Sorry, no pictures today. I departed Myrtle Beach International (KMYR) at about noon in the Cessna 150 (N77PP) for Darlington County Jetport (KUDG). KUDG is only about 65NM from KMYR, but with winds out of the west at 28 knots, my groundspeed during cruise was only about 70 knots. The trip over took about an hour and ten minutes. The flight back was only about 40 minutes.

KUDG has a triangle runway configuration with 05/23, 10/28 and 16/34. I landed on 23 with a moderate crosswind out of the west. The 05/23 runway is in excellent shape. The other two runways appeared to get minimal use. I chose not to stop (just a touch and go), but the field does have services available.

I used my new Garmin 296 (GPS) for the second time. It is absolutely awesome. Everything you could possibly want is available at the touch of a button (or two). A moving map is available which provides tremendous situational awareness. Battery life for the 296 is in excess of 8 hours, or you can use an adaptor that provides power from the cig. lighter. I don't ever want to fly without the 296 again.

Fly safe. Hope to have a report on some lowcountry aiports soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home